This item is temporarily out of stock. Want an email when it’s back in stock?
Product Features & specs :
Bosch MA55 Screw Gun Auto-Feed Attachment
- Comfortable continuous working due to its lightweight and ergonomic design
- Enables continuous precision driving at top speed
- Long life due to open design that prevents dust deposits in the collet
- For use with Bosch SG182, SG450 and SG250 Screw Guns
- Screw Gun Auto-Feed Attachment - MA55
- Long PR2 Screwdriving Bit
I have three other Bosch cordless tools and wanted to stay in the same family of batteries.
The system is reasonable but has some downsides.
In open areas, screws are set quickly and to the desired depth. It is difficult to use in tight corners with the collated head in place.
Not all collated strips of screws are created equal. Several strips, from multiple vendors fed the screws sideways which cause the screw to divert and attempt to drill through the base plate of the MA55's tip.
On the MA55 feeder, the depth setting of the screw does not lock in place. It is easy to accidentally hit during normal operation. The screw guns stock mechanism when not used with the MA55 locks nicely. Additionally, the forward and reverse switch on the screw gun was in a poor location and from time to time, accidentally switched to the wrong direction. Because the bit isn't spinning and you are not holding the screw, it is difficult to tell which direction the drill is spinning. Note: in this situation, the screw will push through the drywall and stop at the wood mimicking a misfire.
On the plus side, I can put up a 4x8 sheet, hold the board up in the air and screw it in place by myself.
I got about 1350 screws out of the 4.0 amp battery. I did not leave the gun locked in the spinning position and only pulled and held the trigger when setting multiple screws in a row.
In summary, the idea of a collated gun is terrific but difficult to precisely execute.
The size and weight of the tool made it easy to use with one hand.
Its wicked fast when it works and it keeps your digits away from business end of the screws.
The screw gun has plenty of power and easily handled the 1 5/8" drywall screws.
For a job this size, it saved me a fair amount of time. Anything smaller I don't know if its worth it…..
All Factory Reconditioned Tools are covered under the same terms and conditions as the new tool warranty, for one (1) year from date of purchase except as noted below:
- Cordless Tool batteries are covered for one (1) year from date of purchase
- ProVantage Protection Plan is not applicable to reconditioned tools
- One Year Service Protection Plan is not applicable to reconditioned tools
- 30-Day Money Back Refund or Replacement is not applicable to reconditioned tools
- Dremel reconditioned tools are covered for 2 years from date of purchase
- Tripods and Rods are covered for 90 Days from date of purchase
- Reconditioned Tools/Kits may not contain the identical accessories, cases and kit contents of the New Tool version.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO ACCESSORY ITEMS SUCH AS CIRCULAR SAW BLADES, DRILL BITS, ROUTER BITS, JIGSAW BLADES, SANDING BELTS, GRINDING WHEELS AND OTHER RELATED ITEMS.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF PURCHASE. SOME STATES IN THE U.S., SOME CANADIAN PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF PROFITS) ARISING FROM THE SALE OR USE OF THIS PRODUCT. SOME STATES IN THE U.S. AND SOME CANADIAN PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE IN THE U.S., PROVINCE TO PROVINCE IN CANADA AND FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY TO PORTABLE AND BENCHTOP ELECTRIC TOOLS SOLD WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CANADA AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF PUERTO RICO. FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE WITHIN OTHER COUNTRIES, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL BOSCH DEALER OR IMPORTER.