Bosch RS428 14 Amp 1-1/8 in. Reciprocating SawModel: bshnrs428
We’re sorry, but this item is no longer available.
Product Features & specs :
Bosch RS428 14 Amp 1-1/8 in. Reciprocating Saw
- High power 14 amps - Most powerful motor in class allows it to cut through hard / dense materials with ease
- Vibration control system - Innovative counterbalance technology and anti-vibration handle reduce vibration to a minimum
- Compact size - Allows maneuverability at the jobsite
- Constant orbit - Optimizes performance and speed
- Best power to weight ratio - Outperforms all major competitors by providing 14 Amps of power and weighing only 8 lbs.
- Constant response electronics - Keeps tool running at constant speed under load
- Variable-speed trigger - Improves cutting control
- 14 Amp 1-1/8 in. Reciprocating Saw - RS428
- Wood Cutting Blade
The downside: This saw doesn't have adjustable orbital action. It's always on. It makes for aggressive cuts, but it also makes cutting metal challenging at times. If you want to just rip things to pieces, the saw is great for that. There are times that it would be really helpful to be able to turn off the orbital action though.
It's variable speed, but there's no speed set dial. That would be nice at times too.
There's a 'lock on' button above the trigger, sometimes that gets engaged accidentally, and the saw keeps going after releasing the trigger. That's a little disconcerting when it keeps going and you expect it to stop. Nice when you want it to 'just go' though.
The bag it came with is OK. Zippers don't seem to hold up very well in the long run, especially when they're regularly exposed to dirt and sawdust.
Nothing terribly negative there, just small annoyances. I am happy with it. I did purchase another (non-orbital) sawzall to work around the aggressive cut issues. I think if I were looking to purchase another saw right now, I'd probably check out the Makita pallet saw or even a Hilti-they both look ergonomic enough, and have speed and orbital adjustments. (incidentally, the high-end Milwaukee was one of the returns-because it was so uncomfortable to use)
Q & A :
All Factory Reconditioned Tools are covered under the same terms and conditions as the new tool warranty, for one (1) year from date of purchase except as noted below:
- Cordless Tool batteries are covered for one (1) year from date of purchase
- ProVantage Protection Plan is not applicable to reconditioned tools
- One Year Service Protection Plan is not applicable to reconditioned tools
- 30-Day Money Back Refund or Replacement is not applicable to reconditioned tools
- Dremel reconditioned tools are covered for 2 years from date of purchase
- Tripods and Rods are covered for 90 Days from date of purchase
- Reconditioned Tools/Kits may not contain the identical accessories, cases and kit contents of the New Tool version.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO ACCESSORY ITEMS SUCH AS CIRCULAR SAW BLADES, DRILL BITS, ROUTER BITS, JIGSAW BLADES, SANDING BELTS, GRINDING WHEELS AND OTHER RELATED ITEMS.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF PURCHASE. SOME STATES IN THE U.S., SOME CANADIAN PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF PROFITS) ARISING FROM THE SALE OR USE OF THIS PRODUCT. SOME STATES IN THE U.S. AND SOME CANADIAN PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE IN THE U.S., PROVINCE TO PROVINCE IN CANADA AND FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY TO PORTABLE AND BENCHTOP ELECTRIC TOOLS SOLD WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CANADA AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF PUERTO RICO. FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE WITHIN OTHER COUNTRIES, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL BOSCH DEALER OR IMPORTER.