Want an email when this item is in stock?
Product Features & specs :
Bosch TS1008 Left Side Support Extension for Table Saw
- Compatible with Bosch 4000, 4100, and GTS1041A table saws
- Extends table an additional 12 in. for working with wide and long pieces and stores when not in use
- Aluminum construction for long life and durability
- Left Side Support Extension for Table Saw - TS1008
- Mounting Hardware
* It does exactly as you would expect - provides left side support for cutting somewhat wider pieces of wood. A little bit wider only, not "very wide".
* It was easy to install. Some people reported problems with alignment and smooth extension/retraction, but I did not have them, and I installed it twice (the second time to remove the spare blade. Hint: Finger tight to start, then adjust.
(NOTE: I have a feeling that this left side support is designed to work and fit perfectly with the popular Bosch 4100 and 4000 series table saws. This review applies to my experience with the Bosch REAXX saw.)
* Unfortunately, the rear support bracket for this left side support blocks 10 inch blades from the blade storage compartment on the REAXX table saw. You can still store the blade changing tool and the cartridge reset tool in the spare blade area, but you cannot store or extract a 10 inch blade. If you installed this left side support with a blade already in the storage area, then you must uninstall it to get your blade out. I did not test it with an 8 inch blade. Perhaps that might fit.
* This left side support doesn't have a "graceful" closed position on a REAXX table saw. You can see that the bottom cutouts don't match up with the indentations on the saw. When you close it, one edge of the left support simply bumps into a sloped part of the blue plastic on the side of the saw. It won't be long before it leaves a permanent mark on the plastic.
* Read the directions carefully.
* Hand tighten the four bolts that attach the supports to the underside of the saw. By "hand tighten", I mean "slightly loose". Use the loose fittings to make adjustments so that it slides smoothly. When you're all done assembling the extension, adjust the alignment one last time and then tighten the bolts.
* Spray-on dry teflon lubricant keeps the slides moving smoothly without any mess and without attracting stick-on sawdust.
over 3 years ago