Dewalt DW717 10 in. Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter SawModel: dewndw717
We’re sorry, but this item is no longer available.
Product Features & specs :
Dewalt DW717 10 in. Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Exclusive bevel detent system - Fast accurate repeatable positive stops
- Machined base fence ensures fence perpendicularity
- Adjustable stainless steel miter plate - 10 positive detents for cutting accuracy and consistency
- Patented Precise Miter System provides accurate cuts
- 15 amp motor extends power and performance
- Two piece aluminum guard and Lexan delivers jobsite durability and increases blade visibility
- Built in side handles for increased comfort
- Built in top carry handle for ease of portability
- Cam Lock miter system for fast solid miter locking
- Miter detent system - Fine tune miter adjustment
- 20% greater cross cut capacity
- 40% more vertical capacity
- 10 in. Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw - DW717
As a side note, I was able to purchase the LED for the shadow cut line, however, those are getting hard to find and are now more expensive than they should be. DeWalt you should just add the LED to the saw and add $10-20 to the cost of the saw.
I added the shadow line led cut indicator to it and am amazed every day of how simple this accessory is but also how genius.
As another reviewer stated he had problems with the bevel lock when you're not in a detent setting. I had the same problem but also found the adjustment for it and tightened a little and has never given me a problem since.
I have several Dewalt tools and they have never let me down. Keep up the great work Dewalt.
This new DW 717 cuts clean and straight. However, it could use a bit more power. According to Dewalt, this saw spins at 4000 rpm. It takes a moment or three to get to that speed. Even at this speed, it also needs more torque. The brake works fine. I did add a 10" 90 tooth Freud TK blade. This amount of teeth slows the power and speed down. It is the wrong blade for this saw. I would suggest a 60 to 72 tooth blade for quicker cleaner cuts. This saw has little to no side to side deflection.
1 year ago
Q & A :
Most DEWALT® Tools purchased on or after January 1, 2004 come with a warranty package that includes:
Three-Year Limited Warranty. DEWALT will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. For further detail of warranty coverage and warranty repair information, visit www.dewalt.com or call 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258). This warranty does not apply to accessories or damage caused where repairs have been made or attempted by others. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary in certain states or provinces.
One-Year Free Service Contract. DEWALT will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use, for free, any time during the first year after purchase.
90-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your DEWALT Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund - no questions asked.