The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver (model XDT042) delivers power and speed in a compact size for a full range of driving and fastening tasks. It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. STAR Protection is communication technology that allows the star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating STAR Protection inside. The XDT042 features a Makita-built 4-pole motor with variable speed (0-2,300 RPM and 0-3,200 IPM) that delivers 1,420 in-lbs. of max torque. At only 5-7/16 in. long and 3.3 lbs. (with battery), the XDT042 has a compact and ergonomic design with less weight for reduced operator fatigue, and a rubberized soft grip for increased comfort on the job. The built-in LED light illuminates the job area for applications in dark spaces and close quarters. Makita's entire line-up of impact drivers including the XDT042 is engineered with a proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism that is manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel, as well as a unique heat-hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power. The XDT042 is engineered for a wide range of driving and fastening applications. The combination of power and performance in a compact size makes the XDT042 ideal for any pro contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered compact cordless impact driver.
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 1,420 in. lbs. of max torque.
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Built-in LED light with afterglow illuminates the work area
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
- Makita's proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
- Variable speed (0-2, 300 RPM & 0-3,200 IPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- 18V LXT Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/4 in. Impact Driver - XDT042
- 18V LXT 3.0 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery - BL1830
- 18V Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger - DC18RC
Compliance and Restrictions
Cancer and Birth Defect/Reproductive Harm -- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/product