GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS LIMITED WARRANTY FOR "COREPOWER/ES" EMERGENCY AUTOMATIC STANDBY GENERATORS
For a period of two years from the date of the original sale Generac Power Systems, Inc (Generac) warrants that its standby generator will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the items and period set forth below. Generac Power Systems, Inc, will, at its option, repair or replace and part(s) with, upon examination, inspections and testing by Generac Power Systems, Inc. or an Authorized/Certified Generac Dealer is found to be defective. Any equipment that the purchaser/owner claims to be defective must be examined by the nearest Authorized/Certified Generac Dealer. This warranty applied only to Generac emergency automatic standby generators used in "Standby" applications as Generac Power Systems, Inc has defined Standby. Scheduled Maintenance, as outlined by the generator owner's manual, is highly recommended. This Scheduled Maintenance should be performed by an Authorized/Certified Generac Dealer. This will verify service as been performed on this unit throughout the warranty period.
**This warranty applied to units installed in the US and Canada. Contact the Warranty Department for specific information on installations in International Markets.**
YEARS ONE and TWO
- Warranty begins upon the successful registration of the unit.
- Proof of Purchase and Maintenance must be available.
- Warranty only applied to permanently wired and mounted units.
- Warranty is transferable between ownership of original installation site.
- any warranty repairs and/or concerns, must be performed and/or addressed by an Authorized/Certified Generac Power Systems Service Dealer, or branch thereof. Repairs or diagnostics performed by individuals other than Generac authorized dealer not authorized in writing by Generac Power Systems will not be covered.
- A Generac Power Systems, Inc Transfer Switch is to be used in conjunction with the generator set. If a Non-Generac Transfer Switch is substituted for use and directly causes damage to the generator set, no warranty coverage shall apply.
- All warranty expense allowances are subject to the conditioned defined in Generac's General Service Policy Manual.
- Covered warranty labor rates are based on normal operating hours. Overtime, holiday, or emergency labor costs for repairs outside of normal business hours will be the responsibility of the customer.
THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Any unit built/manufactured prior to July 1, 2010.
- Generac generators that utilize non-Generac replacement parts.
- Cost of normal maintenance (i.e. tune-ups, associated part(s), adjustments, loose/leaking clamps, installation, and start-up.
- Units sold, rated or used for "Prime Power", "Trailer Mounted", or "Rental Unit" applications as Generac Power Systems has defined Prime Power, Trailer Mounted or Rental Unit. Contact a Generac Power Systems Distributor for Prime Power, Trailer Mounted, or Rental Unit definitions.
- Units used for prime power in place of existing utility power (where utility power is present) or in place of utility power where utility power service does not normally exist.
- Damage to generator system (including transfer switch) caused by improper installation or costs necessary to correct installation.
- Fuel connections other than conventional utility company supplied natural gas systems or conventional LP vapor withdrawal systems.
- Any failure caused by contaminated fuels, oils, coolants/antifreeze or lack of proper fuels, oils, or coolants/antifreeze.
- Failures due, but not limited, to normal ware and tear, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, misapplication, or improper installation.
- As with all mechanical devices, the Generac engines need periodic part(s) service and replacement to perform as designed. This warranty will not cover repair when normal use has exhausted the life of a part(s) or engine.
- Products hat are modified or altered in a manner not authorized by Generac in writing.
- Damage related to rodent and/or insect infestation.
- Failures caused by any external cause or act of God, such as collision, theft, vandalism, riot, or wars, nuclear holocaust, fire, freezing, lighting, earthquake, windstorm, hail, volcanic eruption, water or flood, tornado or hurricane.
- Any incidental, consequential or direct damaged caused by defects in materials or workmanship, or any delay in repair or replacement of the defective part(s).
- Overnight freight or special shipping costs for replacement part(s).
- Telephone, cell phone, facsimile, internet access or other communication expenses.
- Living or travel expenses of person(s) performing service, except as specifically included within the terms of a specific unit of warranty period.
- Rental equipment used while warranty repairs are being performed and/or overnight freight costs for replacement part(s).
- Expenses related to "customer instruction" or troubleshooting where no manufacturing defect is found.
- Costs incurred for equipment used for removal and/or reinstallation of generator (i.e cranes, hoists, lifts, etc).
- Planes, ferried, railroad, buses, helicopters, snowmobiles, snow-cats, off-road vehicles or any other mode of transportation deemed abnormal.
- Starting batteries, fuses, light bulbs, and engine fluids.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN PLACE OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SPECIFICALLY, GENERAC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Any implied warranties which are allowed by law, shall be limited in duration to the terms of the express warranty provided herein. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. GENERACS ONLY LIABILITY SHALL BE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PART(S) AS STATED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GENERAC BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE A DIRECT RESULT OF GENERAC'S NEGLIGENCE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation does not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You also have other rights from state to state.