Replaceable jaws. Shear-type cutters. Beveled tips assure positive mating. Slip resistant, vinyl grips. Pins in head serve as blade stops. Hook-jaw shape forces cable into jaws. Lightweight. Hinges on a rugged bolt with pinset nut to maintain blade tension. Cuts soft copper cable up to 500 MCM .
- Lightweight, yet efficient shear-type cutting of 1-3/8 in. diameter, 500 Cu, and 750 Al
- Replaceable hook-jaw blades grab and hold cable while shear-cutting action makes clean cuts
- Exceptionally strong fiberglass handles with heavy vinyl grips for comfort and slip resistance
- Heavy-duty pins in head serve as blade-stops
- Jaws are forged tool steel with black-oxide finish for long life
- Beveled tips assure positive mating, and hinge on a rugged bolt with a pin-set nut to maintain proper blade tension
- Make a clean, even cut for ease in fitting lugs and terminals