The Makita 79cc Chain Saw combines a high power-to-weight ratio with easier starts and lower vibration for a full range of applications. The 79cc engine delivers 5.7 HP and an engine speed of 12,800 RPM, with an easy-starting automatic half-throttle lock and fully electronic ignition with optimized timing across all speed ranges. For extreme conditions, the EA7901PRZ1 features a heated handle, and a slide-out baffle that can be configured for efficient cold weather operation. Additional features include an easy-to-clean chain compartment for efficient clearing of chips, even when rip cutting, and the advanced vibration dampening system is engineered to reduce vibration. The EA7901PRZ1 is ideal for forestry work such as tree felling and stripping.
- Heated handle for improved operator comfort in cold weather conditions
- Heavy-duty air filter system for extended air filter life and improved durability
- Easy-starting automatic half throttle lock
- Chain compartment is easy to clean and clears chips away efficiently
- Slide out baffle can be configured for efficient cold weather operation
- Large metal spike bar for increased productivity
- Two-point durable inertia/mechanical chain brake
- Decompression valve reduces force required for starting
- High power-to-weight ratio: weighs only 14.7 lbs. without bar and chain
- Maximum engine speed of 13,500 RPM
- Lateral chain tensioning for quick and convenient chain adjustment
- Advanced vibration dampening system engineered to reduce vibration
Compliance and Restrictions
This product can expose you to Gasoline engine exhaust (condensates/extracts), which is known to the State of California to cause Cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.