The Makita 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion 3/8 in. Drill Driver (Tool Only) delivers power and speed in an ultra-compact size for efficient drilling, driving, and fastening. With 12V max CXT slide-style batteries (sold separately), users get superior balance and ergonomics over pod-style batteries. For added convenience the batteries include an on-board LED charge level indicator.
The FD09Z weighs only 2.4 lbs. (with 2.0 Ah battery, sold separately), and delivers 250 in.-lbs. of Max Torque. It's an ideal solution for users seeking a more compact Drill Driver with less weight and for applications in tight spaces.
For longer run time, 12V max CXT tools are also compatible with the 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion 4.0 Ah battery (BL1041B). 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion batteries are engineered with a Battery Protection Circuit that protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating. It's part of the expanding 12V max CXT series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size.
- Variable 2-speed design (0-450 & 0-1,700 RPM) covers a wide range of drilling and driving applications
- Makita-built motor delivers 250 in-lbs. of Max Torque
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort
- 12V slide battery design enables the tool to stand on its own for user convenience
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 7 in. long
- Weighs only 2.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area
- Ideal for work in tight spaces
- Convenient 3/8 in. keyless chuck for quick bit changes
- Part of the expanding 12V max CXT series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size
- 12V max CXT Li-Ion 3/8 in. Drill Driver - FD09Z
- Battery and charger sold separately
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructionsCancer