The Makita 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Barrel Grip Jig Saw (tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) delivers fast and efficient cutting, with a compact design that’s engineered for ease-of-use and maneuverability. It features a barrel grip design for closer-to-work cutting, and is ideal for woodworkers, cabinet makers, remodelers, and general contractors. Makita 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries provide improved balance and ergonomics over pod-style batteries, and for convenience the batteries include an on-board L.E.D. charge level indicator (batteries sold separately).
The Brushless Barrel Grip Jig Saw has a compact and ergonomic design with less weight (only 3.9 lbs. with 12V max CXT 2.0Ah battery, sold separately). The efficient Makita-built brushless motor is engineered for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The variable 5-speed control dial (800-3,000 RPM) enables the user to match the speed to the application, and the 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting provide added versatility. The soft start suppresses start-up reaction for better accuracy, and the no-load speed reduction feature automatically reduces SPM for more accurate cutting starts. Convenience features include “tool-less” blade changes, large 2-finger variable speed trigger with lock-on button, dual L.E.D. lights, and a built-in dust blower to clear the line of cut.
For longer run time, all 12V max CXT cordless tools are also compatible with the 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery (BL1041B, sold separately). 12V max CXT lithium-Ion batteries are engineered with a Battery Protection Circuit that protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating. It’s part of the expanding 12V max CXT series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size.
- Makita-built brushless motor and 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting deliver faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
- Variable 5-speed control dial (800-3,000 SPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for better accuracy
- No-load speed reduction feature automatically reduces SPM for more accurate cutting starts
- Efficient BL Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and SPM to the changing demands of the application
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Tilting base for bevel cuts from 0° - 45°
- Heavy gauge aluminum base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructions