Makita delivers corded grinding performance without the cord with the 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless 4-1/2 in. / 5 in. Cut-Off/Angle Grinder Kit. It's powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the most demanding applications, Makita’s exclusive Automatic Speed Change Technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. The XAG04T is ideal for grinding, cutting and sanding a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls . Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50 percent longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 14-1/4 in. long
- Weighs only 5.6 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- 3-Stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- 18V LXT 4-1/2 in. / 5 in. Cut-Off/Angle Grinder (XAG04Z)
- (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- 5 in. X 1/4 in. X 7/8 in. Inox Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-95962)
- 5 in. Ultra Thin Cut-Off Wheel, Stainless (B-46165)
- 5 in. Cut-Off Wheel Guard (126686-3)
- 5 in. Tool-Less Wheel Guard (126687-1)
- Side Handle
- Tool Bag
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructions