Makita delivers corded grinding performance without the cord with the 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless 4-1/2 in. Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake (XAG09Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). It's powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the most demanding applications, Makita’s exclusive Automatic Speed Change Technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. For added convenience, the XAG09Z has an electric brake that stops the wheel in 2 seconds or less upon release of the switch. The XAG10Z is ideal for grinding, cutting and sanding a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls . Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the Star Symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or wheel is forced to stop
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 14-1/4" long
- Weighs only 5.7 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Efficient internal cooling is engineered for optimum performance
- Tool only (battery and charger not included)
- 5 in. X 1/4 in. X 7/8 in. Inox Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-95962)
- 5 in. Ultra Thin Cut-Off Wheel, Stainless (B-46165)
- Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
- 5 in. Cut-Off Wheel Guard (126686-3)
- 5 in. Tool-Less Wheel Guard (126687-1)