Makita delivers corded grinding performance without the cord with the 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless 9 in. Paddle Switch Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake and AWS (tool only, battery and charger sold separately). It's powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the most demanding applications, Makitaâ€™s exclusive Automatic Speed Change technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. The XAG23ZU1 is ideal for grinding and cutting a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
For improved efficiency, itâ€™s equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS) technology. AWS utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless communication between the tool and dust extractor (sold separately). When the trigger is engaged, the AWS-equipped dust extractor powers-up. When the trigger is released, the dust extractor powers-down. AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and excessive noise since the dust extractor runs only when the tool is running. Additional features include the BL Brushless Motor, Active Feedback-sensing technology (AFT), and an electric brake that stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less. The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life. AFT turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or the wheel is forced to a stop. Itâ€™s part of Makitaâ€™s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the worldâ€™s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 6,000 RPM
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver corded power without leaving the 18V LXT battery platform (batteries not included)
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT ) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS) utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- Dust Extraction Cutting Guard is available for concrete cutting applications
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Rear handle paddle switch with no lock-on feature
- 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 9 in. Paddle Switch Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake and AWS (Tool Only)- XAG23ZU1
- 9 in. Tool-less Wheel Guard 123543-6
- 9 in. Cut-Off Wheel Guard - 122913-6
- 9 in. x 1/4 in. x 7/8 in. 36 Grit INOX Grinding Wheel - A-96051
- 9 in. x .075 in. x 7/8 in. 60 Grit INOX Thin Cut-Off Wheel - B-12675
- Side Handle - 143486-6
- Lock Nut Wrench - 782412-6
- Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter - 198901-5
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructionsCancer