Combines speed and capacity in a compact size for a full range of metal cutting applications. This band saw has a compact size and weighs only 7.5 lbs., which is up to 25% less weight than top competitors in the 18V category. In addition, it has a cover over the blade (outside the cutting area), which meets ANSI Standard 60745-2-20 and qualifies the saw as suitable for appropriate one-handed operation. The saw accepts standard 32-7/8 in. x 1/2 in. blades, and with a 2-1/2 in. cutting capacity it is ideal for cutting conduit, Unistrut, copper pipe, threaded rod, angle iron, and channel. Part of Makita's expanding 18V lithium-ion series, they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and compact lithium-ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Motor delivers 630 ft./min. blade speed for faster cutting.
- Compact design at 18-1/2 in. long; weighs only 7.5 lbs. (with battery) for convenient operation
- 2-1/2 in. cutting capacity is ideal for cutting conduit, Unistrut, copper pipe, threaded rod, angle iron and channel
- Includes a blade wheel cover that covers the blade outside the cutting area making the saw suitable for appropriate one-handed operation: meets ANSI Standard 60745-2-20
- Accepts standard 32-7/8 in. x 1/2 in. blades
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area
- Protective bumper design for added durability
- "Tool-less" blade change system for fast blade installation and removal
- Adjustable foot protects material and provides improved support for accurate cutting
- Soft grip handle provides increased operator comfort
- 18V LXT Compact Band Saw (XBP01Z)
- (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- Tool Bag
- Compact Portable Band Saw Blade 32-7/8 in.
- 14 TPI (B-40543)
Compliance and Restrictions
Cancer and Birth Defect/Reproductive Harm -- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/product