Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE that includes the 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Blower. With zero emissions and lower noise, the 18V X2 (36V) Cordless Blower is a welcome solution for clean-up applications. It’s powered by two 18V LXT batteries for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the 18V battery platform. With the efficient Makita BL brushless motor, the blower delivers longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life.
Model XBU02PT1 is a kit and includes the Blower, four fast-charging 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries and an efficient 18V Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger.
Makita’s efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. When powered by two 18V 5.0Ah batteries, the efficient brushless motor delivers up to 28 minutes of run-time on dial setting #3 on a single charge.
The Blower features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Delivers up to 28 minutes of run time at mid-speed (15,800 RPM) using two 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries
- BL Brushless motor delivers up to 120 MPH air velocity and 473 CFM of air volume
- Sound pressure rating of 60.2 dB(A)
- measured per ANSI B 175.2 standard
- Zero emissions and reduced maintenance
- no need for gas or oil
- 6-stage air velocity/volume selection dial with variable speed control trigger
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver the power and run time for gas powered demands without leaving the 18V LXT platform
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 38-3/4” long
- Weighs only 9.9 lbs. with batteries for reduced operator fatigue
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- In-line fan design provides better tool balance and improved ergonomics
- 18V X2 (36V) LXT Brushless Blower (XBU02Z)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
- (4) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
Compliance and Restrictions
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov