Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 18 in. Chain Saw (tool only). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the Brushless Cordless 16 in. Chain Saw is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications. Itâ€™s powered by two 18V LXT batteries (sold separately) for maximum power, speed and run-time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. And with the efficient Makita outer rotor brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw.
The Brushless Cordless 16 in. Chain Saw has a 16 in. guide bar and the Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct drive system motor with variable speed delivers 0-3,940 FPM for increased cutting speed. It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick it up, load two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, and the saw is ready to use. Convenience features include a "tool-less" chain adjustments, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
Itâ€™s part of Makitaâ€™s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the worldâ€™s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency equivalent to a 32cc gas chain saw
- Variable speed trigger (0-3,940 FPM) for easy operation
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off when operation is delayed for extended battery life
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXTÂ® platform (batteries not included)
- Front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged
- 16 in. guide bar for increased capacity
- Low noise level and zero emissions for operator comfort
- "Tool-less" chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- Weighs only 11.5 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
Compliance and Restrictions