Makita has a legacy of innovation in the cordless impact driver category, and the XDT12M sets new standards. It has more torque and more speed than previous models, yet it has more features and the most compact size in the 18 volt category. For contractors, it is a total fastening solution. Offers users four speed settings, as well as Makita s exclusive Quick-Shift Mode for increased fastening control. Precision fastening applications often require the user to stop or slow down the impact driver just prior to driving the screw into place to ensure there is no damage to the fastener or work piece. Quick-Shift Mode is an automatic electronic controller that downshifts to reduce rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place. Engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work. Features Assist Mode, which helps eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading" by driving at low speed until tightening begins. Ideal for driving longer fasteners. Delivers a full 1,550 in.lbs. of max torque in the 4th speed setting. The 4-speed power selection switch provides the user with precise fastening control for a range of applications, from cabinet screws to lag bolts. Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with the 4.0Ah battery, and with a length of only 4 5/8 in. it is the most compact in its category.
- Quick-Shift Mode selector has an automatic electronic controller that downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving screw into place.
- 4-speed power selection switch (0-1,100/ 0-2,100/ 0-3,200/ 0-3,600 RPM & 0-1,100/ 0-2,600/ 0-3,600/ 0-3,800 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- BL Brushless Motor delivers 3,600 max RPM and 1,550 in.lbs. of max torque
- Assist Mode (A-mode) feature helps eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading" by driving at low speed until tightening begins
- Tightening Mode (T-mode) for faster tightening of self-drilling screws; helps prevent damage to the screw or workpiece
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 4 5/8 in. long
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- Eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Uses energy efficiently to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Tool Only (Battery and Charger Not Included)
Compliance and Restrictions
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/product