The Makita 18V X2 (36V) LXT Brushless 6-1/2 in. Plunge Circular Saw, with AWS (XPS02ZU) delivers precise and more accurate cutting when combined with an optional guide rail system (sold separately). The saw and rail system work together to produce accurate cuts with minimal tear-out. The saw combines a powerful Makita-built brushless motor powered by two 18V LXT batteries with Automatic Speed Change Technology, which adjusts cutting speed and torque during the cut for optimum performance.
The XPS02ZU is equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS), which uses Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication with the AWS-equipped dust extractor. AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and reduces noise.
The Saw has a variable speed control dial (2,500 – 6,300 RPM), with soft start and an electric brake for added convenience. It has a large 2-3/16 in. cutting capacity at 90 degrees, with a bevel capability of -1 degree to 48 degrees and positive stops at 22.5 degrees and 45 degrees. When used with a rail system (sold separately) a Plunge Circular Saw is a more portable option to a table saw for select applications and is ideal for use on the job site or in a workshop.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Powered by two LXT batteries; X2 LXT technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Makita built electronically controlled BL Brushless Motor delivers 6,300 RPM for maximum performance and 50% longer run time per charge
- X2 LXT technology delivers up to 125 cuts per charge in 4x8 sheets of 1/2 in. plywood per charge using two 5.0Ah batteries
- Ideal for cutting large wood panels, other wood materials including melamine and MDF, aluminum, and Corian with optional, material specific blades (includes wood blade, other blades sold separately)
- Creates pilot hole for screw to prevent wood from splitting
- Variable speed control dial (2,500 - 6,300 RPM) for optimum performance in a variety of materials
- Built-in depth stop allows a preliminary first cut of (5/64 in.) 2mm to (7/64 in.) 3mm to be performed prior to cutting through the entire material for clean and splinter-free cutting
- Slide lever on saw base designed to engage the optional guide rail (sold separately) when bevel cutting for stability
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Close to the wall cutting (11/16 in.) for expanded cutting applications
- 6-1/2 in. 56T C.T. Cordless Plunge Saw Blade, Wood, MDF, Laminate (B-57342)
- Hex Wrench (783203-8)
- Wireless Unit
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructions