The Makita 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 1-1/8 in. AVT Rotary Hammer (accepts SDS-PLUS bits) is a cordless concrete solution that's loaded with advanced engineering for maximum efficiency and convenient dust extraction. It's powered by two 18V LXT batteries and an efficient brushless motor for maximum power, speed and run-time for corded demands, without the cord. With X2 LXT technology, the Rotary Hammer delivers up to 140 1/2 in. x 2-3/8 in. holes per charge when using two 18V LXT 5.0 Ah batteries (sold separately).
The Rotary Hammer includes both mechanical and electronic technologies to address bit binding. Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT) uses an on-board accelerometer to measure rotation and electronically turns off the motor if rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop. In addition, the torque limiting clutch is engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging the gears if the bit binds. Added features include constant speed control which automatically adds power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most demanding jobs, electric brake, variable speed dial, built-in L.E.D. light, and a retractable tool hook. For added durability in harsh job site conditions, Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- X2 LXT technology delivers up to 140 1/2 in. x 2-3/8 in. holes per charge using two 18V LXT 5.0 Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Powerful BL Brushless motor delivers 0-980 RPM, 0-5,000 BPM and 2.3 ft. lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Dust extraction capability with optional OSHA Table 1 compliant On-Board Dust Extractor Attachment
- Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS) which utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- AWS capable with Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT) electronically turns off the motor if rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) is an active internal counterbalance system which is engineered to reduce vibration for increased comfort
- Vibration-absorbing back handle and side handle further reduce vibration and increase comfort on the job
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- 36V Li-Ion Brushless 1-1/8 in. Rotary Hammer (Tool Only) - XRH10Z
- Side Handle
- Depth Gauge
Compliance and Restrictions
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov