Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding system of cordless OPE, including the 18V LXT Li-Ion Brushless Curved Shaft String Trimmer (model XRU13Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, this cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It's compatible with Makita's fast-charging 18V LXT batteries, and features an efficient Makita BL brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life.
The efficient brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting. The XRU13Z is equipped with Automatic Speed Change technology which automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM adjusting the speed and torque depending on density of application. There are also three speed options in manual mode (4,000/5,000/6,000 RPM), allowing users to match the speed to the application. Users will get up to 38 minutes of run time on high setting and 103 minutes on low setting under load using an 18V LXT 5.0 Ah battery (sold separately). Additional features include a full 11-3/4 in. cutting swath, an easy-loading bump-and-feed trimmer head, and reverse rotation that allows users to quickly clear the head of entangled grass and weeds. The trimmer accepts industry standard M8 x 1.25 LH spindles. The XRU13Z also features a telescoping curved shaft that adjusts from 59-1/2 in. to 63-1/2 in. in length for convenient operation in tight spaces.
The XRU13Z features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Li-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Li-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Li-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Li-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Automatic Speed Change technology automatically adjusts cutting speed (4,000-6,000 RPM) and torque depending on density of application
- Manual operation mode features 3-speed options (Low: 4,000 RPM, Medium: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,000 RPM) allowing the operator to match speed to application
- Telescoping curved shaft adjusts (59-1/2 in. - 63-1/2 in. length) for convenient operation in tight places
- Delivers up to 38 minutes of run time on high setting and 103 minutes on low setting under load using 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery BL1850B (battery not included)
- 11-3/4 in. cutting swath for user convenience
- Utilizes industry standard M8 x 1.25 RH spindle for added convenience
- Easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head for increased user convenience
- Bump and feed trimmer head rotates clockwise to help direct grass clippings away from operator
- Reverse rotation system allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Weighs only 7.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- 18V LXT Li-Ion Brushless Curved Shaft String Trimmer - XRU13Z
- Shoulder Strap (125516-5)
- Trimmer Head
Compliance and Restrictions
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov