Makita is a pioneer in brushless motor engineering, battery technology, and miter saw innovation, and has combined this expertise in the 18V X2 LXT (36V) Lithium-Ion Brushless 10 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw. It ft.s powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries for 36V power and performance, but without leaving the 18V LXT platform. Makita brushless motors are engineered for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The XSL04PTU has an efficient BL Brushless Motor that delivers up to 4,400 RPM for fast and efficient cutting, with Automatic Speed Change technology to adjust cutting speed and torque under load for optimum performance.
The XSL04PTU is equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS), which uses Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication with the AWS-equipped dust extractor (sold separately). AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and reduces noise.
The XSL04PTU has a unique 2-steel rail sliding system design that offers single slide-glide operation for smooth and dead-on accurate cutting right out of the box, as well as a reduced overall footprint that allows the saw to be positioned flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (5-1/4 in.) and crown molding cutting capacity (6-5/8 in. nested), the largest in its class. It will also crosscut a 4x12 at 90 degrees. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right).
- Powered by two LXT batteries; X2 LXT technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord
- Makita built electronically controlled BL Brushless Motor delivers 4,400 RPM for faster and smoother cutting
- Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS) utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT technology delivers up to 334 cuts per charge in 2x4 SPF and up to 192 cuts per charge in 2 x 12 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Increased capacity for up to 6-5/8 in. crown molding (vertically nested), 5-1/4 in. baseboard (vertical), and 12 in. crosscuts at 90-deg.
- 18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 10 in. Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw, AWS (XSL04ZU)
- (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
- Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (198901-5)
- Vertical Vise (122854-6)
- Dust Bag (122852-0)
- Triangular Rule (762001-3)
- Hex Wrench
- 10 in. x 5/8 in. 40T Micro-Polished Miter Saw Blade
Compliance and Restrictions
Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.