Makita is a pioneer in brushless motor engineering, battery technology, and miter saw innovation, and has combined all three in the 18V X2 LXT (36V) Lithium-Ion Brushless 10 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with AWS. It's powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries for maximum power, speed and run time, but without leaving the 18V LXT platform. Makita brushless motors are engineered for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. It’s also equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS) for wireless connectivity with an AWS-equipped dust extractor (sold separately).
The efficient BL Brushless Motor delivers up to 4,400 RPM for fast and efficient cutting, with Automatic Speed Change technology to adjust cutting speed and torque under load for optimum performance.
For improved efficiency, it’s equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System technology. AWS utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless communication between the tool and dust extractor (sold separately). When the trigger of the AWS-equipped XSL04ZU is engaged, the AWS-equipped dust extractor powers-up. When the trigger is released, the dust extractor powers-down. AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and excessive noise since the dust extractor runs only when the tool is running.
The XSL04ZU has a unique 2-steel rail sliding system design that offers single slide-glide operation for smooth and dead-on accurate cutting right out of the box, as well as a reduced overall footprint that allows the saw to be positioned flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (5-1/4 in.) and crown molding cutting capacity (6-5/8 in. nested), the largest in its class. It will also crosscut a 4x12 at 90 degrees. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right).
The direct drive gearbox with soft start is a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. The electric brake provides added convenience. Additional features include a high-quality 40T carbide-tipped blade, built-in laser that indicates the line-of-cut, and improved dust collection capability for use with a bag (included) or vacuum (sold separately). It also has a large-sized aluminum base that improves the stability of cutting stock for more efficient cutting
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Powered by two LXT batteries; X2 LXT technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Makita built electronically controlled BL Brushless Motor delivers 4,400 RPM for faster and smoother cutting
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS) utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor
- Creates pilot hole for screw to prevent wood from splitting
- X2 LXT technology delivers up to 334 cuts per charge in 2x4 SPF and up to 192 cuts per charge in 2x12 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Increased capacity for up to 6-5/8 in. crown molding (vertically nested), 5-1/4 in. baseboard (vertical), and 12 in. crosscuts at 90°
- Vertical Vise (122854-6)
- Dust Bag (122852-0)
- Triangular Rule (762001-3)
- Hex Wrench; 10 in. x 5/8 in. 40T Micro-Polished Miter Saw Blade
- Wireless Unit
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructions