The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless 2-Piece Combo Kit (model XT281S) gives you two efficient brushless tools for drilling, driving, and fastening. The Kit includes the category's fastest-charging 3.0 Ah batteries and the breadth-of-line of the Makita 18V LXT system, so your batteries will power the expanding range of Makita tools and accessories. The XT281S includes a variable speed 1/2 in. driver-drill with two speed settings and an efficient brushless motor that delivers 440 in.-lbs. of Max Torque. For efficient fastening, the kit includes a variable speed impact driver with a full 1,500 inch-pounds of Max Torque. The 18V LXT 3.0 Ah batteries each reach a full charge in only 30 minutes.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Variable 2-speed 1/2 in. Driver-Drill (0-500 & 0-1,900 RPM) with BL Brushless Motor delivers 440 in.-lbs. of Max Torque; weighs only 3.6 lbs. with battery
- Variable speed Impact Driver (0-3,400 RPM & 0-3,600 IPM) with BL Brushless Motor delivers 1,500 in.-lbs. of Max Torque; weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery
- Driver-Drill and Impact Driver feature Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions.
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 3.0 Ah battery BL1830B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 3.0 Ah battery BL1830B reaches a full charge in 30 minutes or less
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 18V LXT Brushless Impact Driver - XDT13Z
- (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah Battery - BL1830B
- 18V LXT Compact Brushless 1/2 in. Driver-Drill - XFD13Z
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Charger - DC18SD
- Tool Bag - 832035-1
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructionsCancer