Black & Decker MTD100 Detachable Mower Deck for Black & Decker TrimmersBlack & Decker Model: bdknmtd100
Product Features & specs :
Black & Decker MTD100 Detachable Mower Deck for Black & Decker Trimmers
- Easily converts trimmer/edgers into a compact mower
- Adjustable cutting height for ideal cutting performance settings
- Convenient wall hanger built in for storage options
- Compatible with Black & Decker's NST2118, LST220, LST300 and LST400 Trimmers
- Detachable Mower Deck - MTD100
1. The way the trimmer connects to the deck has a habit of coming detached. This is especially true as you use it over time. Cleaning the deck thoroughly makes it stay together better, but it still pops out pretty easily and it's had that issue as long as I remember. I wish there was some form of latch to lock the trimmer into the deck. This would make it much easier to use.
2. I have a very bumpy lawn and the lower height setting is worthless here, so I always keep it set to the higher setting. Because the wheels adjust but do not lock into the height in any way, they tend to drop to the shorter setting and sometimes I have to adjust this 2 - 3 times in a single mowing.
3. The height / angle for the handle is awkward for mowing. If you do ever redesign this, it may be worth putting the deck on a slight tilt to raise the angle on the handle.
All that said, these are pretty minor things and otherwise I love the ease of use of the product and would recommend it to others who have the right size lawn for it. If you fall into that group with the tiny city lawn, this is a great easy way to deal with it and you don't have to keep multiple tools or deal with gas, but it's not for everyone.
Q & A :