Dewalt DCST970B FlexVolt 60V MAX String Trimmer (Tool Only)Model: dewndcst970b
Product Features & specs :
Dewalt DCST970B FlexVolt 60V MAX String Trimmer (Tool Only)
- Gear drive design powers through tough overgrowth
- High-efficiency brushless motor maximizes run time and motor life
- 15 in. cutting swath with 0.080 in. line (also accepts 0.095 in.)
- Variable speed trigger with Hi/Lo speed control for added power or extended run time
- Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arms
- Designed to withstand everyday heavy-duty usage
- 3 year limited warranty/1 year free service contract/90 day money back guarantee
- (1) DCST970 String Trimmer
- (1) Auxiliary handle
- (1) 0.080 in. prewound in the spool
CREATE YOUR OWN KIT :
3 months ago
Let’s start with the folded shaft. I thought I would have future tools adaptable to the trimmer. Wrong. It’s equipped with a weak spot that’s all.
Next the shield might just as well not even be there. I’m used to trimming in shorts and a t-shirt. With the dewalt no matter how you use it your getting covered in debris, my legs were bleeding the first time I used it and thankfully I wear glasses! I’m sure that tiny shield was designed just to fit in the shipping box as well.
The trimmer head sucks! Replacing string should not be so complicated! Why dewalt did not use the industry standard (M10x1.25 LH trimmer head is truly baffling.
I was not impressed with run time like other reviewers but I will say the trimmer had plenty of power.
Don’t waste your money on this tool. I’m used to running quality trimmers like stihl and husqvarna, I purchased the dewalt to try and get away from the vibration of the gas motor, but the dewalt has plenty of vibration of its own and the lack of a proper shield and the difficulty of reloading the string make this tool miserable to use. The battery is also not easy to remove from the trimmer.
It’s obvious the engineers who designed this tool do not cut grass!
I gave it to my sister and it is absolutely perfect for her typical suburban application. She's thrilled to not need to mix gas or pull start her string trimmer ever again.