This item is temporarily out of stock. Want an email when it’s back in stock?
Product Features & specs :
Factory Reconditioned Bosch GOL 32-RT 32X Zoom Optical Level
- Self leveling compensator with transport lock protects pendulum against damage and loss of calibration
- Large aperture 32X power lens allows more light for a sharper image and excellent magnification
- Weather resistant design - IP54
- Solid metal base and three precision leveling screws provides stability in all weather for precision leveling
- Both horizontal/vertical crosshairs and Stadia lines for measuring level, alignment and estimated distance
- Top mount quick sigh for quick sighting of leveling rod
- Circular bubble vial with 90 degree prism for easy, fast setup
- 32X Zoom Optical Level - GOL32-RT
- Plumb Bob
- Tool Kit
- Carrying Case
The three Bosch models in this lineup are essentially identical except for the magnification. This unit has the highest (32x), which is good for longer distances. The tradeoff, however, is that the image is quite sensitive to very small movements or vibrations of the instrument or tripod.
The carrying case is very well made and has a place for the level and all supplied accessories. I was surprised that the unit required calibration even though it had just come from the factory. The spirit level was not in alignment when I spun the unit 180 degrees. The manual describes how to fix this issue, but it was quite tedious as a first time user.
The level also needed line-of-sight adjustment; that is, the optics were slightly out of horizontal alignment. Again, the manual explained how to fix this, but it too was a tedious procedure. I would have expected these errors to be adjusted out at the factory.
Speaking of the manual - I would call it minimally adequate. If it had been better done, I would have given 5 stars. The illustrations are all gathered at the beginning of the text, so you have to keep flipping back and forth while reading the instructions. Also, the instructions themselves would benefit from some clarifications and better examples. It's great that the setup instructions are there, but it took me 2-3 readings and several trial-and-error passes to figure out exactly what they were trying to communicate.
Overall, the instrument is made with quality parts and is well assembled. The two things I would like to see improved would be a little heavier cross-hairs in the optical sight, and white paint in the markings on the circular degree ring around the base of the unit. Black on black is not super visible. A "nice to have" would be a vernier scale for accurately reading values between degrees on the circular degree ring.
over 2 years ago
over 2 years ago
over 3 years ago
Q & A :
Yes, Does this come with a tripod?