Dewalt DWS779 12 in. Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Corded Miter SawModel: dewndws779
Product Features & specs :
Dewalt DWS779 12 in. Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Corded Miter Saw
- Stainless steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops
- Precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Precise miter system and machined base fence support Cam-lock miter handle with detent override delivers quick and accurate miter angles
- Tall sliding fences support 6-3/4 in. base vertically
- Bevels 0-deg. - 48-deg. left and right
- 2 in. x 14 in. Dimensional lumber cross cut capacity at 90-deg. and 2 in. x 10 in. dimensional lumber at 45-deg.
- Dual horizontal steel rails with innovative clamping mechanism and linear ball bearings for accuracy and durability
- Efficient dust collection system captures over 75% of dust generated
- Oversized, high visibility bevel scale with positive stops
- 12 in. Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Corded Miter Saw - DWS779
- (1) Carbide Blade
- (1) Blade Wrench
- (1) Dust Bag
- (1) Vertical Material Clamp
Lots of power.Worth every penny.
I highly recommend this saw.
4 months ago
The box it came in was the size of a dorm room refrigerator and the weight was hard to believe. I am fairly strong but found it difficult to move. It must be 3 times heavier than my 10 inch Delta. I've used portable table saws lighter than this thing.
I first used it to cut 2x8's,6's and 4's and found the slide action to be quite smooth. The miter adjustment is also very smooth and it is fairly quiet for such a beast of a saw. I have it mounted on a sturdy steel miter saw stand. The blade just slightly nicked the end of the plastic kerf plate. Not sure if the plate was made a little over-sized or what. It does not look like if was installed incorrectly. When I Googled parts for this saw the kerf plates were the first things to come up so I am guessing they get beat up.
The dust chute is a joke on this saw. It is a flimsy two piece affair that looks like it would belong on a cheap kids toy. A more substantial one piece design would have been the way to go. I have not used the other accessories, like the side mount handles, that it came with since I have it mounted on the stand.
10 months ago
9 months ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago