Makita's newest cordless solution for metalworking is the XAG03Z 18V LXT Cordless Lithium-Ion 4-1/2 in. Brushless Cut-Off/Angle Grinder. It is powered by a brushless motor delivering 8,500 RPM for faster grinding with soft start to suppress start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life. This grinder features Automatic Speed Change Technology, which is engineered to adjust speed and torque during grinding or cutting applications for optimum performance, even under heavy load. Additionally, the motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge than similar non-brushless tools. The XAG03Z also has a slide-switch with lock-on, a rubberized soft grip, a 3-stage LED gauge to indicate battery charge level, and a compact, ergonomic design to reduce fatigue during prolonged use.
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance.
- Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling it to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life.
- Brushless motor is efficiently and electronically controlled to optimize battery energy to match torque and RPM to the demands of the application, as well as increase run time by up to 50%
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Slide switch with lock-on adds operator convenience
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction providing smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Efficient internal cooling optimizes performance
- 3-stage LED gauge indicates battery charge level
- 18V LXT Cordless Lithium-Ion 4-1/2 in. Brushless Cut-Off/Angle Grinder
- Bare Tool - Battery and Charger Sold Separately