The Makita 12V CXT Lithium-Ion Cordless String Trimmer (model RU03Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) is a versatile and powerful solution with less weight for landscape cutting and trimming, but without gasoline. The RU03Z delivers 9,000 RPM and up to 38 minutes of run time on a single charge of the 12V CXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery (sold separately). It has several advantages over gas-powered trimmers: the RU03Z has zero emissions and reduced maintenance, with no need for gas or oil. For users, the tool is always ready to use: simply load a fully-charged 12V CXT Lithium-Ion battery and get to work. Versatility features include a telescoping shaft to adjust the length of the tool, a 180-degree rotating head with 5 adjustable positions, an adjustable loop handle, and more. It weighs only 4.2 lbs. with battery (sold separately).
For longer run time, 12V max CXT cordless tools are compatible with the 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah and 4.0Ah batteries (sold separately). 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion batteries are engineered with a Battery Protection Circuit that protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating. It's part of the expanding 12V max CXT series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size.
- Up to 38 minutes of run time under no load using 4.0Ah battery BL1041B (battery not included)
- Telescoping shaft (32-7/8” to 46-3/4”) for optimum cutting position
- Makita-built motor delivers 9,000 RPM for faster cutting
- 180 degree rotating head allows the trimmer to convert to edger; 10-1/4 in. cutting width
- Compact size is ideal for trimming and precise edging
- Adjustable loop handle for convenient operation
- Weighs only 4.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Zero emissions and reduced maintenance; no need for gas or oil
- Easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head for increased user convenience
- Tool Only (battery and charger not included)
- Bump & Feed Trimmer Head (198853-0)
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructions