There is growing demand for cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V LXT Brushless 10 in. Top Handle Chain Saw (model XCU06T). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance the XCU06T is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications, and the compact top-handle design makes it ideal for the professional tree care industry. Powered by one 18V LXT battery for maximum power, speed and run-time, the XCU06T uses the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform and comes with two 18V LXT batteries in the kit. And with the efficient Makita outer rotor brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw.
The XCU06T has a variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-4,720 FPM) for increased cutting speed, with torque boost mode for cutting dense material. It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply load the 18V LXT Lithium-Ion battery, and the saw is ready to use. Convenience features include adjustable automatic chain lubrication, built-on lock-off lever to help prevent the chain from accidentally engaging, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Compact top handle design built for the professional tree care industry
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-4,720 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- Torque boost mode for cutting dense material
- Captured bar nut and lateral chain tensioning for convenient operation and maintenance
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Weighs only 7.2 lbs. with battery for operator comfort
- Built-in LED on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off after 60 seconds for extended battery life
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- 10 in. Guide Bar, 3/8 in., .043 in. (161846-0)
- 10 in. Saw Chain, 3/8 in., .043 in. (199075-5)
- Bumper Spike (199068-2)
- Universal Wrench, 13mm x 16mm (782023-7)
Compliance and Restrictions
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov