Makita has a legacy of innovation in the cordless impact driver category, and the XDT12T sets new standards. The XDT12T has more torque and more speed than previous models, yet it has more features and the most compact size in the 18 volt category. For contractors, the XDT12T is a total fastening solution.
The XDT12T offers users four speed settings, as well as Makita’s exclusive Quick-Shift Mode for increased fastening control. Quick-Shift Mode uses the brushless motor’s electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening. Another precision setting is Tightening Mode (T-mode), which downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place, and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work.
In addition, the XDT12T features Assist Mode, which helps eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading" by driving at low speed until tightening begins. It is ideal for driving longer fasteners.
The Makita-built BL Brushless Motor delivers a full 1,550 in.lbs. of Max Torque in the 4th speed setting. The 4-speed power selection switch provides the user with precise fastening control for a range of applications, from cabinet screws to lag bolts. It weighs only 3.3 lbs. with the 5.0Ah battery, and with a length of only 4-5/8" it is the most compact in its category.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- Quick-Shift Mode uses the brushless motor’s electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening
- BL Brushless Motor delivers 3,600 Max RPM and 1,550 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- 4-speed power selection switch (0-1,100/ 0-2,100/ 0-3,200/ 0-3,600 RPM & 0-1,100/ 0-2,600/ 0-3,600/ 0-3,800 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- Assist Mode (A-mode) feature helps eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading" by driving at low speed until tightening begins
- Tightening Mode (T-mode) for faster tightening of self-drilling screws; helps prevent damage to the screw or workpiece
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 4-5/8" long
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- All metal gear housing for increased job site durability
- 3-stage battery gauge indicates battery charge level
- Convenient one-touch 1/4" hex chuck for quick bit changes
- Built-in dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- 18V LXT Brushless 4-Speed Impact Driver
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger
- (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery
- Tool Case