Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line-up of cordless OPE, including the 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless String Trimmer (model XRU11M1). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the 18V X2 cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It features an efficient Makita BL brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The kit includes an efficient Rapid Optimum Charger and an 18V LXT 4.0Ah battery which reaches a full charge in only 40 minutes – the fastest charge-time in the category – for less downtime and increased productivity.
The efficient brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting. The XRU11Z is equipped with Automatic Torque Drive Technology, which automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM depending on the density of the application. There are three speed options (4,000/5,000/6,000 RPM), allowing users to match the speed to the application. On the high setting, users will get up to 30 minutes under load while using an 18V LXT 4.0Ah battery. Additional features include a full 11-3/4 in. cutting swath, an easy-loading bump-and-feed trimmer head, and reverse rotation that allows users to quickly clear the head of entangled grass and weeds. The XRU11Z accepts industry standard M8x1.25 LH spindles.
The XRU11M1 features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Up to 30 minutes of run time with 4.0Ah battery under load on the high setting
- BL Brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM depending on density of application
- 3-speed options (Low: 4,000 RPM, Medium: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,000 RPM) allows the operator to match speed to application
- 11-3/4 in. cutting swath for user convenience
- Accepts industry standard M8x1.25 LH spindles for more convenience
- Easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head for increased user convenience
- Reverse rotation system allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Weighs only 7.4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- 18V LXT Brushless String Trimmer (XRU11Z)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery (BL1840B)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- Shoulder Strap
- Safety Goggles
Compliance and Restrictions
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov