Makita created a new class in cordless with 18V LXT Sub-Compact tools. Makita Sub-Compact gives users 12V handling with 18V performance, and compatibility with the world's largest 18V cordless tool system. The XSH05ZB is engineered for cutting and ripping applications, and is ideal for any contractor seeking a more compact cutting solution for framing, roofing, formwork, and more. The XSH05ZB is equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS), which uses Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication with the AWS-equipped dust extractor (sold separately). AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and reduces noise.
The Sub-Compact 6-1/2 in. Circular Saw has a compact and ergonomic design at only 10-5/8 in. and 6.4 lbs. (with 18V LXT Compact 2.0 Ah battery). The compact size combined with the Makita-built brushless motor delivers up to 5,000 RPM and a superior power-to-weight ratio. The saw is equipped with Makita's Automatic Speed Change technology, which adjusts cutting speed and torque under load for optimum cutting performance. The efficient brushless motor is electronically controlled to provide up to 50% longer run time than non-brushless motors, and in run-time testing the XSH05 made up to 174 cross cuts in 2x10 SPF lumber on a single charge of the 18V LXT 5.0 Ah battery (sold separately). For extended run time users can load up a high amp-hour 18V LXT battery (all sold separately) including 2.0 Ah (BL1820B), 3.0 Ah (BL1830B), 4.0 Ah (BL1840B), 5.0 Ah (BL1850B) or 6.0 Ah (BL1860B). Added convenience features include dual L.E.D. lights, electric brake, built-in tether notch (tether sold separately), and Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) for improved dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions. For improved dust extraction, the rear dust port easily connects to a vacuum system (dust extraction accessories sold separately).
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V LXT system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion batteries. Makita 18V LXT batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Compact and ergonomic blade-right design at only 10-5/8 in. long
- Weighs only 6.4 lbs. with 2.0 Ah battery (battery not included) for operator comfort
- Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS) utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor
- Powerful Makita built electronically controlled BL Motor delivers 5,000 RPM for faster cutting and ripping
- AWS capable with Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Large cutting capacity (2-1/4 in. at 90 degrees) and bevel capacity (0 degrees - 50 degrees)
- LXT technology delivers up to 174 crosscuts per charge in 2x10 SPF lumber using one 5.0 Ah battery (battery not included)
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- 6-1/2 in. 24T C.T. Saw Blade - A-85092
- Dust Extracting Attachment - 199230-9
- Hex Wrench - 783203-8
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructions