Makita XBP02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Portable Band Saw (Tool Only)Model: mktnxbp02z
$25 off this item of $100 or more! See Details
Last 6 In Stock
Product Features & specs :
Makita XBP02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Portable Band Saw (Tool Only)
- Makita-built motor delivers faster cutting with 6 setting variable speed dial at 275-530 ft./min.
- Compact design at only 20-5/8 in. long and weighs only 14.3 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- Adjustable foot protects material and provides positive support for accurate cuts
- LXT Lithium-Ion provides longer run time, 5x lower self-discharge (for use any time) and 16 firm holding contact terminals (for constant high power)
- Protective bumper design for added durability
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
- Tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- 3-year warranty on tool
- 18V Cordless LXT Lithium-Ion Portable Band Saw (Tool Only) - XBP02Z
- Blade - 792556-A
- Tool Only - Battery and Charger Sold Separately
- Operating Manual
Portable bandsaws make demo work so much faster too, and while you should always wear safety glasses these don't spray hot metal bits or liquid because they don't shake violently like a sawzall.
I did say it is light enough for one hand use, it is for most in the trades, at least a lot of us at this plumbing company, many of the guys have them.
It does have mounting holes for a stand, and while I could find generic stands from places like hf it wasn't apparent if they would fit. Granted with this thing you can make one in no time out of unistrut or stock. I am going to make a stand for it, at which point it will actually replace my 1/3hp bandsaw and I reckon many 1/2hp bandsaws too because of how big the jaw is. The throat is only 4.5" deep but for what I do that is fine.
This thing is good on batteries too even though it isn't brushless. I think here it does so well because of the gearing, kind of surprised for the price point that it isn't brushless though. I paid three hundo with free shipping.
I do love this thing and am very happy with my purchase, but I can't lie, there is a black and yellow version with a 5" jaw for less and if I didn't already have mak batteries I would have gone with that one, it has great reviews too.
Makita LXT Lithium-ion Tool WarrantyEvery Makita® Lithium‐Ion Power Tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. If you are not satisfied with any Makita Lithium‐Ion tool within 30 days of purchase, return it and Makita will provide, at Makita's option, a replacement or refund. Each Makita Lithium‐Ion Power Tool, Battery and Charger is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of THREE YEARS from the date of original purchase. Should any trouble develop during the three‐year period for the Lithium‐Ion Power Tool, Battery and/or Charger, return the COMPLETE Power Tool, Battery and/or Charger, freight prepaid, to one of Makita's Factory or Authorized Service Centers.
If inspection shows the trouble is caused by defective workmanship or material, Makita will repair (or at our option, replace) without charge. This warranty does not apply to Makita Accessories, like flashlights.
This Warranty does not apply where:
In no event shall Makita be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages from the sale or use of the product. This disclaimer applies to both during and after the term of this warranty. Makita disclaims liability for any implied warranties, including implied warranties of "merchantability" and "fitness" for a specific purpose, after the three-year term of this warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you many also have other rights which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.